New York City is the most ticketed city in the US. Last year, $120m worth of parking tickets were issued in Brooklyn alone (!)
SpotAngels is here to the rescue 🦸♀️ This guide will help you:
- Understand the street parking rules in Brooklyn
- Find the best Brooklyn garage deals
Brooklyn Street Parking Rules
For starters, the entire city is a designated tow-away zone. That means that if you are found in violation of any parking rules, you could be towed. NYC is so serious about towing that the NYPD even has its own fleet of tow trucks. Here’s how to avoid being towed right off the bat:
- Make sure your vehicle registration and inspection stickers are up to date, if applicable.
- Never, ever double park your vehicle. If there’s already a car parked beside the curb, do not park beside it. Ever.
- Do not park within 15 feet of either side of a fire hydrant. Don’t rely on those nifty painted curbs, either. They lie.
- After you park, check the SpotAngels app to check the street parking rules and be reminded when you need to move your car
For more information, you can check the parking map below – it has the Brooklyn alternate side parking hours, the meter rates, and the garage deals in The Borough of Trees.
Brooklyn Monthly Garage Deals
If you are looking for a parking spot to rent in Brooklyn, here are some of the garages offering monthly parking deals:
- Fulton Lawrence Garage at 111 Lawrence Street near Brooklyn Bridge Park – starting $269 for a 24/7 – regular vehicle spot.
- Parkside Garage at 121 Parkside Avenue near Prospect Park – starting $379 for a 24/7 – limited access hours – regular vehicle spot
To find parking on the go everywhere in NYC, download the award-winning SpotAngels app. It is free 😉