Philly is notorious for tough parking. But with some tips and tricks, you’ll be able to find a free parking spot or two in the city.
To find those free street parking spots, here is what you need:
- An understanding of where those spots exist. (Check out this free map!)
- Familiarity with parking rules in Philly so you’ll know that free spot is actually free.
Map of Free Parking in Philadelphia
Find a free parking spot in Philly by changing the time filters and navigating to your desired area. The free map updates in real-time, so simply type in the address you’re parking near and the time of day to find free parking near you.
Rules for free parking in Philadelphia:
- If you’re a resident, get a permit for extra parking perks. If your car is registered to your address, pay $35 per year to park on your street for as long as you want, no matter the time limit. Just watch out for street cleaning!
- Free Overnight Parking: If you park at a metered spot or in a residential neighborhood with time-limits, you can park after the restricted times overnight. Just be sure to move your car the next morning before the parking authority tickets you.
- Every Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas, metered parking is free after
11AM. So get out there and get your shopping done, hassle free.
- Loading Zones: Park here for up to 20 minutes free. You don’t need to leave your flashers on, stay in your car, or pay at the parking kiosk. Just make sure it’s not a ‘Passenger Loading Zone’.
- Free Parking Holidays: Philly has free parking days! Here they are.
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Third Monday of January|
|Easter Sunday||April 21|
|Memorial Day||Last Monday of May|
|Labor Day||First Monday in September|
|Thanksgiving||Fourth Thursday of November|
|Christmas Day||December 25|
|Holiday Parking||Saturdays after 11 A.M. from Thanksgiving to the New Year|
Worried about tickets? Learn these parking rules to avoid them: