Berkeley can be a hassle when you need free parking unless you know exactly where to look.
To find those free street parking spots, here is what you need:
- An understanding of where those spots exist. (Check out this free map!)
- Familiarity with Berkeley parking rules so you’ll know that free spot is actually free.
Map of Free Parking in Berkeley
Type any address and use the time filters on the map below to find a free parking spot in Berkeley city. The map is free, easy to use, and will save you a serious headache when you’re on the hunt for free parking.
Berkeley Parking Rules:
- Free parking on green curbs: If you see a green curb, you can park there for a few minutes to unload your car or pick up passengers. Great for moments when you’re only stopping by and need less than 30 minutes.
- Free overnight parking on weekends: Most zones are free to park after 5pm Friday through Sunday and you’re able to leave your car all weekend.
- Free overnight parking in residential areas: Most residential areas are free to park overnight. They are also free to park during the day but watch out for time limits, you just need a residential permit to avoid them. Check out our parking guide to learn more about that.
- Free parking on city holidays: There are free parking days throughout the year! Check out the schedule below to find out when:
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Third Monday in January|
|President’s Day||Third Monday in February|
|Memorial Day||Last Monday in May|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||First Monday in September|
|Indigenous People’s Day||Second Monday in October|
|Veteran’s Day||November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Fourth Thursday in November|
|Christmas Day||December 25|
*If the parking holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is free parking.
Worried about tickets? Learn these parking rules to avoid them: