With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to find a free parking spot or two in Baltimore.
To find those free street parking spots, here is what you need:
- An understanding of where those spots exist. (Check out this free map!)
- Familiarity with parking rules in Baltimore so you’ll know that free spot is actually free.
Map of Free Parking in Baltimore
Find a free parking spot in Baltimore by changing the time filters and navigating to your desired area. The free map updates in real-time, so simply type in the address you’re parking near and the time of day to find free parking near you.
Rules for free parking in Baltimore:
- If you’re a resident, get a permit for extra parking perks. If your car is registered to your address, pay $20 per year to park on your street for as long as you want, no matter the time limit. Just watch out for street cleaning!
- Free Overnight Parking: If you park at a metered spot or in a residential neighborhood with time-limits, you can park after the restricted times overnight. Just be sure to move your car the next morning before the parking authority tickets you. Beware of snow emergencies in the winter if you’re parking downtown!
- Free Parking Holidays: Baltimore has free parking days! Here they are.
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||First Monday in September|
|Thanksgiving Day||Fourth Thursday of November|
|Christmas Day||December 25|